Chao Phraya, A Lot More than Just a River
Chao Phraya River, also known as Maenam, is the principal river of Thailand flowing south through the nation’s fertile central plain to the Gulf of Thailand. Besides its irrigation purposes, Chao Phraya constitutes a precious waterway for the transport of the nation’s traditional exports of teak and agriculture south to Bangkok, though less bulky commodities are now moved overland by road or rail. For centuries the Thai have made use of the Chao Phraya, and particularly its canal system, for enriching people’s lives as a source of water.
What Makes Chaophraya the Most Prominent Zone in Bangkok?
As Thailand opened up to the world, the Chao Phraya River became the gateway to the kingdom. Traders and ambassadors followed the local example and made their homes along the river. Even today you can find embassies, five-star hotels and trading firms on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. Once again, the river is growing with new trade and industry. The most attractive temple and themed shopping venue of recent years, you can find them as below
- Grand Palace: The Grand Palace is teeming with tourists, and with good reason. The architecture is impressive, the grounds are beautiful, and it is home to one of the most noteworthy temples in Thailand.
- Wat Pho: Famous for the huge Reclining Buddha statue it houses. It bears virtually no resemblance to that originally constructed, as it was almost entirely rebuilt by Rama I when the capital was moved to Bangkok. It holds the dual honors of having both Thailand’s largest reclining Buddha image.
- Wat Arun: This is perhaps better known as the Temple of the Dawn, and is one of the best-known landmarks and one of the most published images of Bangkok. It consists of a massive elongated prang and is surrounded by four smaller prangs.
- Asiatique: Modern, airy and spacious it might be but in essence Asiatique is a highly successful marrying together of two perennially popular shopping and tourist experiences – a night bazaar and a mall sitting on a large sweep of land which was once a thriving dock and port area.
- River City: Flowing from all over Asia to River City bringing with them the great stories valued beyond time, River City has become the largest Asia’s premier arts and antique hub in South East Asia. Tourists can also enjoy the shopping and river tour from here.
- Icon Siam: It is a future mixed-use development on the banks of the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok, Thailand expected to come this year including two large malls, hotels and residences. It will totally bring the various taste of river.
- Shangri-La: Along the vibrant Chao Phraya River lies a unique, attractive landmark that is a fascinating destination. Impeccable 5 stars service and personal attention from a caring team complement the hotel’s state-of-the-art facilities perfectly and are the hallmarks of any stay at Shangri-La Hotel.
- Peninsula: Meet with sophisticated Thai charm for the ultimate cultural experience, from the hotel’s iconic Green Tuk Tuk to an adventure down the Chao Phraya River brings the luxurious vibes for customers.
- Mandarin Oriental Residence: Along the river on Charoenakorn Road in a prestigious area long celebrated for its unsurpassed combination of cultural significance, local colour, and international flair. Customers can experience the service as an VIP here.
Local and international visitors can enjoy the beauty of riverside atmosphere. There is also the Yodpiman River Walk which recreates the glories of old Siam in its waterside mall created in a colonial style. It’s a perfect place to get a feel for the river as a community. The Chao Phraya is opening up in more different ways.
Above all, the Chao Phraya is a royal river and plays an important role to one of the most spectacular displays in Thailand. Not only hospitality industry but real estate is increasing, our projects such as Lumpini Place Rama 3 situated the two sides of the river with the splendid view, for more information please click here.
Connecting both side of old town and a new city of Bangkok, the property nearby Chao Phraya River with the potential land and market to invest. It takes care of the people’s lives and also the richness of nature.